With wedding season started, I’m sure every bride is out there finalizing their plans and watching everything fall into place. To help, here are 5 things brides should consider regarding makeup on their big day.
1. Every bride should consider and book their makeup trial with their preferred makeup artist in advance. No one likes surprises on their wedding day and this will help take the edge off regarding your makeup. You can determine if your makeup artist is the right fit for you and also confirm if the makeup look you’ve been dreaming about is definitely for you.
Tip: try to schedule your trial on a day that you have an event to go to or maybe even your engagement shoot. This way the makeup won’t go to waste and you’ll be able to see its longevity.
2. When figuring out where you’d like makeup to be done on the wedding day, remember makeup artists need as much natural light as possible, for the best results.
3. When booking your makeup artist, it’s good to have an idea of how long each persons’ makeup will take, so that you can include this in your wedding day schedule. I actually do out a timeline for makeup for each of my brides to help things run smoothly.
4. Some makeup artists will offer the option of staying behind to do touch-ups for the bridal party, incase it’s needed. However, if you don’t want to spend the extra or if it isn’t an option, it’s good to have blotting paper and lipstick on hand. The blotting paper is good for dabbing away any sweat, oil or tears that might occur. You can ask your makeup artist to purchase the lip colour or you can have a similar colour lipstick so that you can re-apply throughout the night, especially after sipping on bubbly.
5. Not every bride cares, but it’s good to consider and let your makeup artist know if you have a specific makeup look that you envision for your bridesmaids. It’s also good to chat with your bridesmaids about this beforehand. Some brides don’t have requests while others prefer that their beauties are matching.
Apart from makeup, remember to take every moment in!